Types of Braces
Ceramic braces? Traditional metal? Self-ligating brackets? What about Lingual braces? or may be invisible aligners? These days, there are many choices available to adults & children, and it gets confusing! Which type of braces should you choose? Can you choose, or is it strictly up to your Orthodontist ?
The type of braces you get depends on a number of factors:
1. The extent of your treatment ,depending upon severity of your bite or tooth crookedness.
2. If extractions are necessary.
3. If jaw surgery is necessary.
4. The amount of time you will need to wear braces.
5. The preferences of your Orthodontist.
6. How much is your Budget for Braces treatment.
7. What you, yourself desire. Would you feel embarrassed in metal? Do you prefer the look of ceramic or you want completely invisible lingual braces?
………Or you don’t care, as long as the outcome is good?