With or without braces, you should brush your teeth two to three times a day, especially after eating, floss daily and stay away from sugary foods in order to avoid tooth decay.
But those with braces need to “practice not good but exceptional oral hygiene,”
“Braces don’t cause cavities, but not brushing can,”
Because braces can collect food and plaque, you need to be extra careful about keeping your teeth clean.
Not looking after your teeth may permanently damage your teeth. You must follow instructions on home care to avoid:
- White spots and cavities
- Gum disease and red bleeding gums
- Brushing Properly
- Your tooth brush should have a small head and soft bristles.
- Brush in the morning and after dinner before going to bed.
- Brush thoroughly, at least 2 minutes.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush from above and below the brackets and wires, in a circular motion , toth by tooth ,at an angle.